Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Surf Girl by Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown

I am often asked about my early works. While for years I worked in charcoals, sketching, and printmaking. When I attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa I really opened my eyes to more color and the joy of painting. In school you learn to work with "studies" where you may do 5-10+ pieces of the same image with minor changes and details. "Surf Girl" was one of those pieces that I did an extensive study of (this also happened to be when I really got into surfing on a daily basis in Waikiki between and after classes) The first ever "Surf Girl" was an intaglio print. The piece here was the final rendition. This piece has been in my lineup for close to 14 years now. I sometimes toy with the idea of discontinuing it, but then I look back at it and it brings me so much joy. That is exactly why I make art, with the hopes of bringing Happiness to the viewer, so I hope this does the same for you. Aloha and MAHALO for all of your continued support over the years. I look forwards to many more years creating art and have been busy working on some big new pieces for 2015!

heather brown art
Surf Girl by Hawaii Artist Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment