Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Surf Artist Heather Brown at the 2013 Haleiwa Arts Festival

Aloha!

I hope that everyone is ready for a great week ahead! A bit odd here right now as we are expecting Tropical Storm Flossie within hours. It is so still this morning, almost eerie!

Last weekend was the 2013 Haleiwa Arts Festival and it was a great time! We were blessed with 2 sunny days and lots of people locals and tourists alike that came out to show their support for the arts. I always really enjoy this event each year and am always so happy when I receive my acceptance letter each Spring and this year was no different!

I had decided that I wanted to have a larger booth this year so I could show some more art and The Captain decided he would make the booth for the event, so we had out plan!

As I was busy painting, screenprinting and cutting linocuts Chris was busy designing and building our beautiful booth that he made from 100% reclaimed building materials (down to the screws!)

Heather Brown Surf Art Booth at the 2013 Haleiwa Arts Festival, North Shore Oahu, Hawaii

Heather Brown art booth made from 100% reclaimed building materials at the 2013 Haleiwa Arts Festival.               North Shore Oahu, Hawaii
Unfortunately I did not have any time to take pictures of art or really anything else, so the pictures I have were all sent to me. Mahalo for all your contributions!

We had a fun filled two days at Haleiwa Beach Park and I was so thankful to have our production team that works with me at my studio on the North Shore of Oahu there to help us out and provide great service to everyone who came by! I had such a great time meeting new people and seeing returning fans and friends, this event is always like a "homecoming" for me and I really love it!

A huge Mahalo to the volunteers that make Haleiwa Arts Festival Happen!
you can visit their website here: http://www.haleiwaartsfestival.org/index.shtml and if you can, send them a donation large or small to help this great event happen each year.

They also did a great job of trying to make the event as close to a Zero Waste event as possible and brought in our great friends at the Kokua Foundation to sell re-usable water bottles rather then sell plastic bottles of water and they were also dispensing free water to anyone who wanted some!

Plastic Free Hawaii art by Heather Brown and the Kokua Foundation
Big Mahalo to everyone who came out this year and I will keep my fingers crossed to be accepted next summer and hope to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment