Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Heather Brown Releases Four New Limited Edition Giclees from the 2011 Wyland Gallery Haleiwa Surf Art Show

Good Morning from The North Shore of Oahu!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to make it an even better week!
On Saturday, I officially release 4 new limited edition giclees to my collection at the Annual Surf Art Show held at the Wyland Gallery in Haleiwa on the North Shore of Oahu in the beautiful Hawaiian Islands.
Here is a peek at the new releases, please note that while they are now available for ordering, only the John Kelly Awards art giclees are available to ship by Christmas at this point. The other 3 will be about 4-5 weeks.

"Surf Stroll" is the latest release in the popular series started with "Surf Girl" 5 years ago. The original is available at The Wyland Gallery in Haleiwa.

"Surf Stroll" is the newest release in North Shore Oahu Surf Artist Heather Brown's iconic Surf Girl series

As some of you may know, I have been working with Rip Curl for about 4 years now, first as the Rip Curl Artist of the Search and since then as the artist behind the Rip Curl by Heather Brown line available at Rip Curl stores worldwide as well as surf shops, etc that sell Rip Curl products. This piece, the "Hawai'i Map" was created for use on different Rip Curl products for 2013. This was a really fun project because I can remember through the years always seeing these types of maps that artists created of Hawai'i, so it was fun to create on in my style. Hawai'i No Ka Oi!

"Hawai'i Map" by Hawaii Artist Heather Brown

Two pf my favorite pieces that I have created and released have been "Glassy Green" and "Juicy Sunset". For a few weeks prior to the Surf Art show at The Wyland Gallery, I had been experimenting with combining elements of the 2 pieces into 1 new piece, and one day this is what struck me as the one to release as it was a different color palette than I normally work with and I really feel that it captures that special time up here on The North Shore after many people leave the beach for the day and the ocean starts to clear and the sun is left to play alone in the ocean for the remaining minutes of the day.
The original for "Haleiwa Sunset" is sold, but giclees and Artist Proofs are still available.

"Haleiwa Sunset" New Limited Edition Giclee by Heather Brown

This is the piece that I created for the 2011 John Kelly Awards presented by The Surfrider Foundation.
The original is available at The Wyland Gallery in Haleiwa. I have been creating art for the Surfrider FOundation for a few years now and I get excited each year to create something new for this great event.
This piece was actually inspired by an earlier piece created by John Kelly's father, also John Kelly from the 1930's art that he had created for the shipping companies in the Islands.

Limited Edition Giclee of the 2011 John Kelly Awards art by Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment