Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

New Originals Now Available by Heather Brown

Aloha! Hope everyone is off to a great start for their weekend!

I just added two new originals to my website that are now available.

The first one is the original art for my new limited edition publication "Secret Falls" This is the first time I have published a waterfall piece and I think that I have only actually done maybe 3 other original waterfall pieces up to now. I really love how this one came out and the 10"x30" size is so great to really feel the movement of the water. The limited edition of 100 is already about 50% sold out on this piece and all of the hand highlighted artist proofs are sold out.

"Secret Falls" by Heather Brown. New Original and limited edition giclees are now available

The second original now available will also be published into limited edition giclees and artist proofs being released on December 10, 2011 at The Annual Surf Art show at The WYlland Gallery in Haleiwa.
As many of you probably know, I have been a long time supporter of The Surfrider Foundation and have worked with them on many great projects both on a local level in Hawai'i and other locales as well as on a National level. For the past 3 years I have created the poster art for the annual John Kelly Environmental Achievement Awards, one of my favorite events to support and attend here in Hawai'i.
This new original is the art created for the awards posters and booklets. I took inspiration on this piece from an original work of the late John Kelly's father, also John Kelly, who created a lot of the beautiful art for Matson and other cruise liners in the 40's and 50's in Hawai'i. I am really stoked on how it came out and it is a bit different than most of the subject matter I usually paint. The original acrylic on canvas in 18"x24".

North Shore Oahu Surf Artist, Heather Brown created this piece especially for the 2011 John Kelly Environmental Achievement Awards on December 10, 2011 at Waimea Valley Center

For more info on the John Kelly Awards, check out: http://ww2.surfrider.org/oahu/?p=1218




No comments:

Post a Comment